Interested in nanoscience research? Please remember to check this page where we regularly post job offers for PhD students, postdoctoral researchers, and senior scientists at the Adolphe Merkle Institute. Chemistry, materials science, analytics, physics, and biophysics are all at the core of our scientific projects. We offer a uniquely stimulating interdisciplinary research environment, state-of-the-art laboratories, excellent working conditions, competitive salaries, and outstanding career prospects. Our alumni regularly take up attractive positions in academia, public research organizations, and industry around the world.
Postdoc position (100%) – Nanoparticle synthesis and analysis
The Adolphe Merkle Institute's BioNanomaterials group research aims to study the synthesis and characterization of highly complex inorganic nanoparticles designed for biomedical applications and their behavior in biological system and their interaction with cells. In order to study ultrasmall particles in complex biological and physiological fluids, stringent control over particle synthesis parameters is required. In addition, particle characterization is crucial during all steps and in particular in the final chemical environment the particles are exposed to. This can range from simple buffers and cell culture media to protein crowded plasma, food matrices, or cosmetic products.
We aim to attract the best talents in the respective research field and expect:
- A PhD degree in natural sciences/engineering with proven track record in mechanistic particle synthesis
- Very strong knowledge in scattering techniques, electron microscopy, sample preparation, spectroscopies
- Fluency in English – written and oral, Candidates with working knowledge in French or German will be preferred
- Supervision of Master and PhD students in the group, involvement in teaching activities
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills;
- Excellent research facilities
- A one year contract with the possibility for prolongation and – if successful with high impact publications and acquisition of own funding – promotion to group leader with the opportunity for a Habilitation
- Full funding (according to the SNSF guidelines)
- Supporting curriculum with many optional courses
- International environment with English as the working language
- To be discussed.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV, a cover letter, and contact information of (at least) two references with the subject title “Postdoc position (100%) BioNano group”.